International & National Workshops
Academy training courses
Story Performances across the globe
International Kathalaya Story Space
Awards and Recognition
Children's training programs
& much more......
The stories kept rolling throughout the year, thanks to all our enthusiastic patrons, trainees and resource people. There was indeed no lean month for want of action and excitement.
Performances and workshops
It was a mix of national and international performance and workshops at Kathalaya.
- January started abroad with the the Galle Literature festival, Srilanka with Performances and workshops for children. This was organised by the Serendipity Trust.
- The Indore Children's literature festival was in January too.
- May saw performances and workshops at Boca do Ceu Interantional Storytelling festival, Brazil by Geeta Ramanujam where she received the International Storyteller's award.
- Geeta Ramanujam also delivered a mythology course accompanied by performances and workshops as a part of “Way of the Storyteller” a two year course at the International Storytelling Center, Istanbul.
- Kathalaya was part of the Azim Premji story festival, "Kathavana" in November
Expansion and reaching out
In keeping with its philosophy of expanding the reach of storytelling, Kathalaya saw its seeds dispersed and take roots across the globe.
- Kathalaya story spaces went global with the establishment of international story spaces in Ireland and Columbia.
- Another first was the inauguration of academy hubs at Chennai and Gurgoan.
- The Train the trainers course was launched by the Kathalaya Academy in Bangalore, for those interested in training storytellers.
- Launch of KathaSangama , a unique storytelling club for families at Kathalaya.
News and Views
- Book launch of Eeee... Here is my story by Geeta Ramanujam and Karthika Gopalkrishnan at Gurgoan,Bookaroo festival at Delhi & Bangalore
- Geeta Ramanujam receives the Top 10 award from Namma Bengaluru
- Brand new refurbished website launched
- Kathalaya featured in the The Week article, Stories to live for and to die for
We wish to thank our core team members, volunteers, academy participants, The festival organisers and hosts abroad at Sri Lanka, Brazil , Istanbul , Media , Schools, Corporate who invited us, Book stores, BLPS team – Chennai, Activity centres, Parents , Members of Kathasangama, Story Space centre heads in India and abroad, workshop facilitators and academy course facilitators.
We would like to specially thank Deivanayaki, Rachel , Kalpana, Meera, Shilpa, Krishna, Shobha, Parvathy, Jyothi Rao, Savitha, Lakshmi , Geetha Subramanian, Sowmya, Gayathri , Varalakshmi, Lata Satagopan, Manjusha ,Anagha for their timely support help for our ongoing programs.